Sunday, 31 August 2014

GAP YEAR Destination 1: Los Angeles

California Adventure, Disneyland

Katya at Venice Beach

Santa Monica pier

Disneyland Cinderella castle

Disneyland Paradise Pier

Beautiful run along Venice Beach


Los Angeles was my first destination in my amazing gap year. We spent most of our time at Santa Monica where I shopped in the mecca that is 3rd street promenade and took glorious runs from Santa Monica beach to Venice beach.

A week later we took what was supposed to be a 20 minute drive (but ended up being 2 hours due to the ironically named freeway) to Anaheim to visit Disneyland California! We stayed at the Anabella which was absolutely lovely and much nicer than the Huntley in Santa Monica. The staff were lovely, the food was great (and not too overpriced) and I spent an amazing day by the pool getting bronzed beyond belief.

Although it was a massive culture shock at first (compulsory tipping and XXL portions?), I grew to absolutely love the beautiful country, perhaps due to the American friendliness or the prospect of opportunity. I am excited to announce that I will be moving to the US next year and attending a drama school in New York! If only I can convince banks that I am deserving of thousands of dollars of their money hahahah 

Next stop: Italia!


No comments:

Post a Comment